International Mobile Money Transfer [Using Bitsika App]
In the past, many Africans who traveled abroad found it so difficult to transfer money back to their home country due to the high cost of banks transfers, western unions etc. But due to the advancement in technology, platforms have been created which makes it easier to transfer money from one country to another.
Financial platforms such as Bitsaka, have made it possible for Africans from countries like Cameroon, Nigeria, Mali, Gabon etc, to be able to make transfers to their countries and also to other countries that support this app. Although many people are still unaware of this app, it is a convenient and cheaper way to transfer money.
In this article, you will discover; what Bitsika is, how to transfer money from Bitsika to your bank account and also how to transfer money from Bitsika to your mobile money account and also how you can add money into your Bitsika wallet.
What is Bitsika App?
Before we look at how to transfer money from Bitsika wallet to bank account and mobile money account, it is important to understand what Bitsika is;
Bitsika app is a fintech online platform that uses cryptocurrencies and fiat money to provide quick money transfer services at no fees within a specific transaction limit, which if exceeded a charge fee is required.
Bitsika app was launched in 2018 by Atsu Davoh and Samuel Baohen as a USSD product that allowed users to buy and sell bitcoin. However, in 2019, it developed in to a mobile app for cross border payments.
It accepts currencies like Cedes, CFA, dollars, naira, etc. It also accepts platforms like Cash App and bitcoin /crypto-exchange app.
The Bitsika app is available on Google pay store and Apple store. You can download and install this app on your mobile phone to be able to transfer money and also receive money. All you will need to open account is your Email address, username beginning with $ ( for example: $John), Phone number and a 4-8 digit password.
Opening an account with Bitsika is not difficult but for that account to be verified, it is difficult. For verification to take place, the fintech company will request the following details: Phone number, Country, ID card Type, Attach picture of your ID, Attach Picture of yourself holding the ID type.
This is to ensure that you are the right owner to the account so as to manage any unidentified transactions on your account.
How Do I Get Verified On Bitsika App?
To get verified on the Bitsika app, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your full name.
- Your date of birth.
- Your country of residence.
- Your government-issued ID (e.g., passport, driver's license, national ID card).
- A selfie of yourself holding your ID.
You can provide this information by going to Account Settings > Verification.
Once you have submitted your information, Bitsika will review it and verify your account within 24 hours.
Tips for getting verified quickly:
- Make sure that your ID is valid and up-to-date.
- Take a clear and well-lit selfie of yourself holding your ID.
- Make sure that your face is fully visible in the selfie and that your ID is clearly readable.
Once your account is verified, you will be able to:
- Send and receive money from other Bitsika users
- Withdraw money to your bank account
- Create and manage virtual VISA cards
- Use Bitsika to pay for goods and services online
Getting verified on Bitsika is a quick and easy process that will help you to take full advantage of all the features that the app has to offer.
What are Some Features of the Bitsika App?
Also, before looking on how to transfer money Bitsika wallet to a mobile money account, it is necessary to discover the features of this app which are;
- Bitsika app has a virtual wallet where it stores cash in the form of dollar($).
- Bitsika supports cross-boarders money transfers in specific African countries as seen above through the uses of blockchain technology. This technology allows users to send and receive Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies through this app.
- It facilitate peer-peer transactions, make it easier for its users to send money to and receive money from other users on this app.
- Bitsika app has also generate a virtual shopping card to do online payments.
- Bitsika app converts all cash deposited into its wallet into a USDC (unstructured supplementary service data center) stable currency, issued by Coinbase.
International Mobile Money Transfer Using Bitsika App
After understanding what Bitsika is, and the features of the app, we can proceed to the main topics of discussion. To transfer money using Bitsika wallet to your mobile money account, the following steps are required:
We believed you have already downloaded the app from Google Play store or Apple store and have installed it in your phone, and also that you have a Bitsika account with cash in its wallet.
- Click on the Bitsika app on your phone home screen and allow it to load open.
- On the app main menu, at the top, you will see +Deposit, Send Money and Airtime.
- Tap on Send Money and another screen will pop-up.
- Select the Country to which you are Sending Money to. This will depend on the method of deposit that this country can accept. Example: Cameroon is XAF Mobile Money.
- Select the Mobile Network Eg MTN, Orange.
- Insert Phone Number of the receiver in the country you have chosen.
- Enter the Amount of money you want to send.
- Confirm Transaction.
These steps above are applicable to all other countries using this app. For a successful transaction, you will be notify with a blue tick and for an unsuccessful transaction, you will be notice with a red tick.
You can also send money to your bank account from the Bitsika wallet. This is mostly done in Nigeria
Can I Receive MTN Mobile Money From Abroad
Whether you can receive MTN Mobile Money from abroad depends on two factors:
1. The country you're in:
Cameroon: Yes, in Cameroon you can now receive international money transfers directly into your MTN MoMo account through partners like MoneyGram, Bitsika. Visit the MTN Cameroon website for more information on eligible countries and the process.
Other countries: In some other countries like Uganda, Ghana, Rwanda, and others, receiving MTN Mobile Money from abroad isn't directly possible. However, you can receive money through partner services like WorldRemit. WorldRemit allows you to receive money from over 50 countries into your MTN Mobile Money wallet in these countries.
2. The service used to send the money:
Even in countries where direct transfers are possible, not all money transfer services support sending directly to MTN MoMo. Make sure the sender uses a service that has partnered with MTN in your country.
How to Transfer Money From Bitsika Wallet to Bank account In Nigeria
The following steps are required to transfer money from Bitsika to a bank accounty
- Open the Bitsika app on your phone.
- On the app main menu, tap on Deposit and another screen will pop-up.
- Select Country that you want to send the money. In this case select Naira for Nigeria.
- Select Bank Name.
- Enter the Account Number. This requires you to enter bank details of the receiver.
- Enter the Amount you want to send to the bank account.
- Enter the Amount(NGN0.00) to Cash Payout.
- Add Note(Optional)
- Confirm Transaction.
Note that all banks in Nigeria accept money transactions through the Bitsika app.
How to Transfer Money into the BItsika Wallet
You can deposit money in to your Bitsika wallet using the following mains; Bank account, mobile money account, Bitcoin, debit card or credit card.
The following steps required;
- Click on the app to get to the main menu.
- Tap on +Deposit
- Select Country of Deposit
- Select Mobile Network or bank account
- Insert Phone number of the account you want to withdraw from or your bank account details
- Enter the Amount
- Confirm Transaction.
Which Countries Accepts Bitsika and Their Withdrawal Methods
- Cameroon(XAF Mobile Money)
- Nigeria(Bank Transfer)
- Ghana(GHS Mobile Money)
- Senegal, Ivory coast(Wave)
- Mali(XOF Mobile Money)
- Togo(XOF Mobile Money)
- Benin(XOF Mobile Money)
- Ivory Coast(XOF Mobile Money)
- Burkina Faso( XOF Money Money)
- Kenya(KES Mobile Money
- Uganda(UGY Mobile Money)
Conclusion on How to Transfer Money From Bitsika Wallet To Mobile Money Account & Bank Account
The Bitsika app is an easy way to transfer money internationally across African countries like Cameroon and others that support this app.
All money cash in to this app is converted in to dollar. It can receive money from debit cards, bank account, mobile money and bitcoin.
Bitsika app charges no fees on transactions below it restricted limit($300) and a fee maybe charge if beyond.
It also provide virtual shopping card to enable online shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Bitsika accept ATM withdrawals?
No. Bitsika app does not offer ATM withdrawals.
Does Bitsika charge fee on Withdrawal?
If you use the conventional transfer options (i.e., transfer via mobile money or bank account), Bitsika does not charge a fee for transfers out of the Bitsika app. And transactions within its specified transaction limit( below $300) but will charge fee if above that limit.