How To Cash Out On Cash App [ Using Cash Card Or Bank Account]
Cash App just like any other money transfer platforms; Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay, are U.S based applications that help users to send and received money online.
Cash App is a peer-to-peer online money transfer application that allows users to transfer money to friends and family, pay bills or purchase goods and Bitcoins. Cash App is widely used around the world but it is mostly used in the United State of America and the United kingdom.
You can use this app if you log in with your phone number and Email. With a mobile phone, you can carry out all your Cash App transactions because it is a mobile app.
Cash app has a Cash wallet called Cash App Balance that acts as a storage space. It also provides a Visa debit Card that enables users to withdraw money at Automated Teller's Medicine (ATM).
In this article, you will learn how to cash out on Cash App using either a Cash App card or a Bank account.
How To Cash Out On Cash App
There are many ways to cash out money from Cash App. But in this article, we focus on two methods;
- Using Cash Card
- Using A Bank Account
How To Cash Out On Cash App Using A Cash Card
You can cash out on Cash App using the Cash App Visa Debit Card but first you need to request for the Cash App card and link it to your Cash App account. You can be eligible to order for a cash card if you are 18 years and above or 13 years but under parental approval.
Steps To Order A Cash Card
The Cash Card is a free and a customize card that enables its user to cash out the money from Cash App balance at ATM or in stores during shopping. However, the Cash card is not always available when you download and creates your Cash App account. You have to order it from Cash App for free and then linked it to your Cash App balance.
To order for a Cash Card, follow the steps below;
- Launch open Cash app by tapping on the app icon on your phone home screen.
- On the app home screen menu, tap on the "Cash Card " tab at the left bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the bar below that says " Get Free Cash Card".
- Choose your desire color from the options available.
- Tap continue.
- You can customize your card by showing your Cashtag and signature by tapping the option " Tap to Customize".
- Tap "Next".
- A pop up screen will show up with instructions for you to enter your personal details.
- Enter your Mailing address (location) and then press "Next".
- Enter your first and last names which will be printed on the Cash Card.
- Verify all details and the tap "Continue".
After all the above information is confirmed, Cash app will led you know that your card number is ready and will be mail to you within 10 business days. It is easier to order for a Cash card if you have a U.S number and a U.S resident. It is eligible if your are of age 18 and above.
After your received your Cash Card in your desirable color, the next thing to do activate and link Cash Card to Cash App to enable you cash out from your Cash App balance.
How to Activate and Link your Cash Card to your Cash App
After you have order your Cash App Visa debit card and it has been delivered to you, the next thing is to activate it by linking to your Cash app balance.
You can activate it by either scanning the cash card QR code or using the CVV of the card. As you will see below;
To activate your Card Card using the QR Code, follow steps below;
- Tap on the Cash App icon on your phone screen to open.
- On Cash App home screen, tab on "Cash Card".
- Tap on the option which says " Activate Cash Card".
- At this point, you will be requested to choose to activate either with a QR Code or use a CVV code. Select QR code and tap "OK".
- Your camera will be open after to grant permission for use.
- Hold your Card in front of the camera so that the app can scan and read your Cash Card QR code.
- After scanning your Card, your card will be activated and linked to Cash App.
You can use your Cash Card to Cash out from your Cash App balance. In case where your QR code is not working or your Card is not having the QR code, use your CVV code to activate your card. See steps below;
- Repeat step 1 to 4 above and instead tap on "Use CVV code"
- In the pop up screen, enter your CVV code and expiring date of your Cash Card in the space provided and then click ok.
Note that, the name on your Cash Card most correspond to that used to create your Cash App Account for you to be able to linked up the two.
How to Do I Cash Out on Cash App Using the Cash Card
Here is how to cash out on Cash App at ATM using your Cash Card:
- Insert your Cash Card in to the ATM and enter your Cash App PIN Code.
- On the merchant screen, select "Cash Withdrawal" from the list of options.
- Enter the Amount of money you want cash out your your Cash App balance and tap ok to withdraw.
- The money will be deducted from your Cash app balance and your will instantly collect it from the dispenser.
Note that there may be fees associated with ATM withdrawals. Cash app support credit and debit cards from issuers likemVisa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover.
You can also cash out in stores after shopping using the QR code scanner machine. Here, you will be required to enter the amount you want to withdraw and then scan your QR code.
After linking up your card to your account, you can cash out at any time in stores or at any retailer that accepts Visa Cards.
How To Cash Out on Cash App Using A Bank Account
Cashing out on Cash App using an external bank can be done in two ways. That is: Standard and Instant Transfer.
Standard transfers will take about 1-3 business days before your money is present in your bank account and for instant transfers, your money will be present in your bank account within minutes but you will be subjected to a charge fees.
When your money is already inside your bank account, you can then cash out from your bank account by going to your bank and ordering for a withdrawal or if you have a debit card is linked to your bank account, you can then cash out at ATM and also if your bank has an online mobile app, your can cash our using your phone.
For more details on how to Cash out from bank using mobile app, click HERE.
To learn more about money transfer from Cash App to bank, see this article: How To Transfer Money From Cash App To My Bank Account
Related posts on Cash app Transfers:
- How To Transfer Money From Bank Account To Cash App
- How To Add Money To Cash App Without Debit Card
- Does SHEIN Accepts Cash App?
How to Claim A $CAshtag
A $Cashtag enables friend to send money to you directly. It is a unique identifier people and businesses using Cash App for transactions.
To create your $Cashtag, (http://cash.app/$yourcashtag).
- Tap on your profile icon on your Cash App home screen
- Select the tab "Personal".
- Tap the $Cashtag field.
- Choose a new $Cashtag which will enable friend to send you money privately and securely.
- Tap "Set" to confirm.
Your $Cashtag has to include at least 1 letter and must not be longer then 20 characters. A blue verification badge next to your $Cashtag is a confirmation that your account is authentic.
My Cash Card Was Stolen. Here is What to Do.
If your Cash Card is stolen or its get missing, you can report to Cash App and order a new one.
This is how:
- Open the Cash Card tab on Cash App.
- Select "Cash Card Support" tab.
- Tap "Report Your Cash Card"
- In the options that follow, select "Card Stolen/Compromised" or " Card Missing".
- Then order for a new Cash Card by following the steps as you have seen above.
What are The Transfer limits on Cash App?
Cash App has limits on sending, withdrawals, and deposits.
Here are some transactions limits;
- Daily, up to $7000 per single transaction
- Weekly, Up to $10,000
- Monthly, up to $15000
Take Away Points
Cash App is a peer-to-peer online platform that allows its users to make money transactions online. Cash provides its users with a free, and a customize Visa debit card called the Cash Card which enable them to Cash out from their Cash App balance.
To order the cash card, you most be of age 18 years and above. It will be mail to you within 10 business days for you to activate it and link it to your Cash app.
You can either cash out on Cash App by using your external bank account or your Cash Card.